How to Study Maths for Entrance Exams
Tips to prepare before the exam
- Understand the basic underlying concept of each chapter.
- It is important to learn all formulae. It will be better if you properly understand how they are derived so that you remember them well. Make sure to keep a list of formulae separately.
- Practice is the key. Solving questions is just basically application of formulae. As you practice more and more questions you will know what formulae or concept to apply in which question. Start some questions with your notes open in front of you. Later solve questions on your own without any help.
- The more you practice, the easier it will become.
- Sometimes it may be useful to look into class 9 and 10 concepts to make your base strong.
How to solve a Mathematics question
- Clearly identify what is asked in the question.
- Identify what formula or concept you will use to solve the question.
- There are some questions that are based on two or more concepts from different chapters. Identify all the underlying concepts you will need to use.
- Every formula or concept requires some input values, identify them in the question. If they are not directly given, derive them.
Things to do when attempting Maths section in the exam
- Read question very carefully.
- If the question is straightforward and you are confident on the concepts asked, solve it immediately.
- If you have any confusion or doubt regarding the question, you can leave the question then and attempt it later when you have finished majority of your exam.
- While marking the final answer, double check because sometime confusing answer options are provided.
All the best and Maths is Fun!
More Blogs by IIT Jeenius
How to Study Physics for NEET
To know how to score maximum marks in Physics section, here are some tips. Read More